The Carolina Association of Translators and Interpreters (CATI) is now accepting presentation proposals for the upcoming CATI Virtual Conference on Saturday, November 14, 2020.
We welcome proposals in the areas of translation, interpreting, and topics related to the business of translation and interpreting (T&I). Proposals are required to be relevant to T & I professionals, allowing participants to advance their knowledge and keep abreast of recent trends in the world of translation, interpreting, and language services. Individual paper proposals and panel proposals (3-4 speakers) are being considered. Panel proposals should be submitted as a single document with the title of the panel, followed by the abstracts. Each presentation should be planned for a 50-minute presentation followed by a ten-minute Q & A.
Please provide the following information in your proposal:
- Your name, email, and phone number
- Title of your presentation
- Focus area: Translation / Interpreting / Business / General
- Abstract (100 words maximum) – The abstract should provide clear objectives for what attendees will learn and how they will be able to apply this knowledge.
- Language specific?
- Your bio (max 100 words)
- Equipment required (if applicable)
Proposals should be emailed to CATIadmin@catiweb.org .
Proposals must be received by September 28, 2020. Speaker decisions will be made by October 12, 2020.
- Gain recognition as an industry leader in the Carolinas.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession in the region and network with professionals.
CATI (the Carolina Association of Translators and Interpreters) is the regional chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA). It is the voice of translators and interpreters in the regions of North and South Carolina. Members enjoy professional development opportunities, workshops and free webinars. The most popular program is our learning the ropes mentoring program. Our members enjoy the wide range of activities that provide opportunities for networking such as socials, and of course the Annual Conference. CATI serves as an advocate for translators and interpreters in the Carolinas.
For additional information about CATI, please go to our website: CATIweb.org.