CATI will host our Annual Conference on
Saturday, November 13, 2021.
This conference will be held virtually again this year.
Full details will be available mid-October.
We are accepting proposals for speakers until October 1st.
We welcome proposals in the areas of translation, interpreting, and topics related to the business of translation and interpreting (T&I). Proposals are required to be relevant to T&I professionals, allowing participants to advance their knowledge and keep abreast of recent trends in the world of translation, interpreting, and language services. Individual paper proposals and panel proposals (3-4 speakers) are being considered. Panel proposals should be submitted as a single document with the title of the panel, followed by the abstracts. Each presentation should be planned for a 50-minute presentation followed by a ten-minute Q&A.
Please provide the following information in your proposals:
- Your name
- Title of your presentation
- Focus area: Translation / Interpreting / Business / General
- Abstract (100 words maximum). The abstract should provide clear objectives for what attendees will learn and how they will be able to apply this knowledge.
- Language specific?
- The learning objectives for your presentation. Please include at least three (3). This will allow CATI to request CE credits.
- Your bio (max. 100 words)
- Equipment required (if applicable)
Proposals should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals must be received by October 1, 2021. Speaker decisions will be made by October 13, 2021.
- Gain recognition as an industry leader in the Carolinas.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession in the region and network with professionals.
- There is no professional fee to present but we will offer you a 50% discount on your conference ticket as a token of appreciation.
CATI is looking for Sponsors for this event.
The Carolina Association of Translators and Interpreters, CATI, is the regional chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA). It is the voice of translators and interpreters in the regions of North and South Carolina. Members enjoy professional development opportunities, workshops and free webinars. The most popular program is our Learning the Ropes (LTR) mentoring program. Our members enjoy the wide range of activities that provide opportunities for networking such as socials, and of course the Annual Conference. CATI serves as an advocate for translators and interpreters in the Carolinas.