The Department of Languages and Culture Studies at UNC Charlotte is a dynamic, research-intensive department with a commitment to balancing curricular tradition and innovation. Translation and interpreting courses provide students the opportunity to learn about the latest technologies, practice on advanced post-editing and translation project-management skills.
- Master of Arts in Spanish with two concentrations:
- Translating and Translation Studies (TTS)
- Language, Literature and Culture (LLC)
- Graduate Certificates:
- Graduate Certificate in Translation (five languages paired with English)
- Graduate Certificate in Translation and Interpreting (Spanish<->English)
- BA in French, German, Japanese and Spanish
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Undergraduate Certificate in Translation (five languages paired with English)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Language (French, German, Japanese, and Spanish)
The department serves individuals who seek:
- career and professional advancement opportunities in interpreting (health care, court), translation, applied language (Spanish for the professions and specific purposes, such as business and international trade), and education;
- to earn a bachelor’s degree in applied language (such as translation and interpreting) after transferring with an associate degree;
- a greater understanding of language, literature and culture;
- a Certificate as proof of education in Translating or Business Language; and/or
- graduate education in fields such as Hispanic Literature, Linguistics, Translating and Translation studies, Intercultural Communication, or International Studies.
Contact Person: Carol Hartley
(704) 687-8786 , firstname.lastname@example.org
UNC Charlotte – Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223